Thursday, November 20, 2008

Network code.

I've been working on net code mostly lately. I am in Seattle for a couple weeks, but I'm finding time to get some work done on the game anyway. It took me 6 hrs to figure out why I couldn't connect to the game server back home. It turned out that it was mapping my port incorrectly. That's fixed now.

Melv May, the creator of TGB is working on a couple bugs I've been struggling with where the probe gets caught on corners, and ramps. Hopefully he can fix it as that's a game-breaking problem at the moment.

My next tasklett, is to allow a local game with no competitive ghosting or network connection required. That shouldn't be too much work.. just hack out a quick UI, and a global state variable. I should be able to get it done before I go back to Portland on Friday. I probably won't be able to get too much done this weekend though due to some hosting plans I have.

No comments: