Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Level selection menu created

I Created a quick level selection option so that I can easily create levels that can be played from the main menu. I eventually want to make the levels look like "worlds" in a universe.. but i'm not going to waste too much time on that right now.

I am now having to clean up some of the code to make it easier to port the player object into other levels.. without having to re-create him in each one. I will use a dummy object that can be placed in a new level.. and the player object will simply be put in that position. I guess we could put this in the very needed: cleanup catagory. Coming along nicely though. I'm getting better an whipping up ui controls, and working with the scenegraphs (object-image layer). So that's the added benefit of cleaning this code up.

cheers!
-nic

No comments: