Friday, June 13, 2008

slopes in TGB

here's how it looks in game (sort of)

You cannot create concave collision shapes in TGB. This means that you can't technically make a pretty slope or hole or anything in any of your levels. Well, that's not entirely true. You can fudge it pretty well. I have a picture with collision boxes turned on so you can see the slope the way it was created, and now it looks afterwards.
While this works pretty well, there seems to be a probem with getting stuck in certain places in the game. You get glued to the floor, never to move again. It's kind of a bummer, and I've noticed it happens more if you stick a bunch of shapes next to each other like I have done here. I have seen some people complaining about this kind of thing on the forum, so hopefully they figure out how to fix it so I don't have to "hack" a fix in.

picture highlighting the curve construction:

No comments: